Thursday, January 28, 2010


What a wonderful day! Last Friday my sweet husband granted me a "spa day". My morning started with breakfast in bed, served by my beau and my precious children. Complete with coffee that my son made himself! The door closed behind them and I was left to enjoy a nice breakfast while I watched a little Joyce Meyer (which Kelley turned on for me). As I am finishing up, Bryan comes to take my tray and I begin to get ready. As I enter the kitchen, I am not bombarded by the usual morning din of yelling children. Rather I hear nothing except dishes rattling which is the sound of my sweetie cleaning the kitchen! My children are all very quietly working on their schoolwork! I am able to get ready without anyone knocking on the door calling "Mommy". As I am getting ready to leave, Bryan goes to warm up the car for me. I discover when I leave that he has also put in my favorite CD to listen to (tobyMac, of course!!).

I have some good, quality time by myself to do whatever I want before I head to my favorite restaurant for lunch. (If you know me at all, I don't have to tell you what that is!) Then a little shopping and it's off to the spa.

The place smells wonderful and I am quickly greeted by the staff. No time is wasted in getting me to the massage room. The masseuse was very sweet and cordial. Since I'm pregnant, my massage was performed while I was on my side. A little different from what I'm used to, but still oh so relaxing. The oil she used smelled wonderful. The room was dim and the blankets warm. From there I was taken to the facial room. So nice and relaxing as well. While the mask on my face hardened, and with herbal tea bags on my eyes, I dozed off for a little bit. Just a minute or so of shut-eye during the day is nice. Next came my pedicure. While I waited for Deborah to get ready, I soaked my feet in a very warm, bubbly tub of water and let the chair massage my back. She brought me a little snack consisting of red grapes, cheese cubes, whole grain crackers, chocolate cookies and a glass of water. Keep in mind that I'm very ticklish on my feet. But Deborah did a great job of trying to keep from tickling me. Next, she gave me a French manicure and it was off to the hair salon for a shampoo and conditioning rinse. I love having someone wash my hair. I had a good bit of length taken off which feels so much better. When all was finished, I picked out a candle to purchase. They sell soy candles which last a long time. I chose the "Festive Pomegranate". I love burning it in the office when I'm working on the computer.

My spa day complete, I head home to get ready for a date with my hubby just to top everything off. I must admit I feel like a total bum for not having to do anything all day long. But I think all moms are due a day of rest every now and then. Can't wait for the next one!!

1 comment: